If your business is located OUTSIDE of the Fairfax District, you are eligible for this Associate Membership Plan.
Here are some reasons to join:
- The Fairfax Industrial Association was established in 1951. No other organization’s by-laws, charter, or mission statement specifically commits to work on behalf of the Fairfax District businesses.
- Responses to issues affecting Fairfax businesses are formulated by a 14 member board. The FIA Executive Director relates the response to partners and uses various platforms including FIA luncheons, newsletters, email blasts, public letters, website and one-on-one meetings.
- Partners include the Unified Government of Wyandotte County (UG), the KCK PD, the Board of Public Utilities (BPU), the Fairfax Drainage District, the Historic Midtown Northeast Association, the KCK Chamber, the Union Pacific Railroad (UP), and the Wyandotte Economic Development Council (WEDC).
- FIA closely work with the KCKPD to ensure patrol coverage in the Fairfax District and monitors security.
- FIA works closely with the Fairfax Drainage District to ensure flood control is well protected.
- Fairfax is in the UG’s Community Maintenance Improvement Program (CMIP) for infrastructure work mainly due to our work with UG staff, Commissioners, and the Mayor.
- FIA communicates ongoing maintenance needs such as filling potholes, street-light and traffic-light outages, railroad crossing needs, and others to the Unified Government.
- FIA supports KCK through community events such as Candidate Forums, clean-up efforts, an annual Halloween Safe Zone for children, and other events.
- FIA often represents the district on any road projects affecting the Fairfax District. This includes the new US 69 Bridge, discussion on the Lewis & Clark Viaduct, discussion on the replacement of the Broadway Bridge and changes in certain loops of I-70.
- FIA continues to work with the UG, GM, and the UP to remove, repair, or replace railroad crossings.
- FIA has a monthly networking luncheon featuring excellent speakers such as the Mayor/CEO of KCK, Mayor Mark Holland; Greg Kindle Wyandotte Economic Development, KCK Chamber; Congressman Kevin Yoder; Governor Sam Brownback; Dave Helling, KC Star; KC MO Federal Reserve Bank Esther George, Kansas Attorney General and a host of others. Average attendance is 70.
- Finally, we can often help you with questions regarding: incentives; the Unified Government and its processes; the KCK Police Dept; WEDC; the KCK Chamber; BPU; business services in Fairfax; and a variety of other concerns.
Associate Members: Thank you for supporting FIA!
Alpha-Omega Geotech, Inc
American Micro Company
Bank of Labor
Blue Hat Crane
Bovard Inusrance Group
Citizens Bank & Trust
Country Club Bank
Delta Innovative Services
Design Mechanical, Inc.
EJ’s Urban Eatery
Enterprise Bank & Trust
Environmental Works Inc
Express Employment Services
First National Bank
First State Bank & Trust
Giving the Basics
Hampton Inn & Suites County Club Plaza
Healing Hands Massage Therapy
KCK Area Chamber Of Commerce
MAC Water Tech
Metropolitan Community College
Miller Pest & Termite
Musselman & Hall Contractors LLC
Mutual of Omaha Bank
Newmark Grubb Zimmer
North Kansas City Hospital
Rose Design Build, Inc.
Simmons Security & Protection Services, Inc
Tradebot Properties, LLC
United Missouri Bank
Universal Construction Company, Inc
Wyandotte Economic Development Council