2022 is Fairfax’s 100th Anniversary!
We will be celebrating 100 years of Fairfax all year long!
The District was formed in 1922 on a 1,232 acre Industrial Park. In 1939, Guy Stanley and the Union Pacific Railroad Company began actively developing the Fairfax District and soon eight more industries joined. Through the years, the District has grown to house more than 130 companies. As we are Celebrating 100 years of Fairfax, we will be highlighting fun facts that occurred in the District.
Be a part of Celebrating 100 Years of Fairfax!
We will be celebrating all year long! In order to commemorate this momentous anniversary, we have planned several events this year:
- June 9th from 3 – 5PM: Fairfax Tower Signage Ribbon Cutting Ceremony & Happy Hour: To help celebrate our new Fairfax towers in the district, we will have a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the Fairfax Tower located at Funston Rd & 7th St. We will also have a tent, table, chairs, live music, appetizers, beer and wine. Click here to learn more >>
- The Wyandotte County Historical Museum will showcase a three-month exhibit celebrating the 100th Anniversary of Fairfax from July 5 – September 24th highlighting historic photos, videos and artifacts from the past 100 years. Click here to learn more >>
- July 28th at 7PM: Fairfax Night at the Monarchs – As we Celebrate 100 Years of Fairfax, we had our Fairfax Family Night at the Monarchs. Click here to view highlights >>
- **SOLD OUT!** A special FIA luncheon on Aug 18 at the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library & Museum. Mingle with fellow FIA members and community leaders and experience the newly-renovated Presidential Library in person and experience the unveiling of the new 100th Anniversary video detailing Fairfax’s historic past. This special luncheon will feature a special guest speaker, Esther L. George, president and CEO of the Kansas City Fed and the Tenth District’s representative at the Federal Open Market Committee. Click here to learn more >>
- A special 100th Anniversary FIA Sept 15 luncheon at the Wyandotte County Museum’s 100th Anniversary Fairfax Exhibit. Celebrate with fellow FIA members and community leaders and experience the 100th Anniversary Exhibit in person. Click here to learn more >>
- The 7th annual Fairfax Festival will be held at Kaw Point Park from 3:30 – 7:30 pm. on Thursday Oct 6th, 2022 (rain date is Oct. 13 at the same time). In addition to the usual live music, beer & wine garden, local food, raffle prizes, lawn game tournament and historical boat rides, this year we will have a mini-Wyandotte County Museum at the event for all of the 130 company executives and employees to relish and appreciate enormous community pride in working with one of the United State’s most historic area. There will be opportunities to meet some of original Rosie Riveters (and some reenactors). A special fireworks display at the end of the Festival will commemorate this momentous year for all Festival attendees and Kansas Citians alike. Click here to learn more >>
Sponsorships Available Now
Sponsorships are limited and on sale now. Deadline Update: We welcome your sponsorship at any time, please know that the sooner you sign-up the more benefits you will receive from your sponsorship and some print items may already be finished, so reserve your sponsorship today.
Thank you to our Sponsors
Thank you to our Centennial Sponsors: $10,000+
Thank you to our Semi-Centennial Sponsors: $5,000
Thank you to our Quarter Centennial Sponsors: $2,500
Thank you to our Platinum Sponsors: $1,500
Thank you to our Gold Sponsors: $1,000
Thank you to our Silver Sponsors: $750
Thank you to our Bronze Sponsors: $375
Call for Memorabilia: Help Bring Fairfax’s History to Life!
Fairfax has a long, colorful history that’s begging to be told. But, we need your help to bring the story to the people of Kansas City, Kansas and beyond!
As a part of the 100th anniversary celebration, the Wyandotte County Museum will be showcasing a special 100th Anniversary Fairfax exhibit that will run from July 5 – Sept. 24. See how you can help in this exhibit >>
Featured on KMBC
Recently featured on KMBC, the museum shared the news of this exciting exhibit.