Interested in becoming a member of the FIA?
Here are some reasons to join:
- The Fairfax Industrial Association was established in 1951. No other organization’s by-laws, charter, or mission statement specifically commits to work on behalf of the Fairfax District businesses.
- Responses to issues affecting Fairfax businesses are formulated by a 12 member board. The FIA Executive Director relates the response to partners and uses various platforms including FIA luncheons, newsletters, email blasts, public letters, website and one-on-one meetings.
- Partners include the Unified Government of Wyandotte County (UG), the KCK PD, the Board of Public Utilities (BPU), the Fairfax Drainage District, the Historic Midtown Northeast Association, the KCK Chamber, the Union Pacific Railroad (UP), and the Wyandotte Economic Development Council (WEDC).
- FIA closely work with the KCKPD to ensure patrol coverage in the Fairfax District and monitors security. Under FIA’s initiative, the Fairfax District has its own dedicated patrol car.
- FIA works closely with the Fairfax Drainage District to ensure flood control is well protected.
- FIA established a $100,000 budget line item in the UG’s Community Maintenance Improvement Program (CMIP) for infrastructure work mainly due to our work with UG staff, Commissioners, and the Mayor.
- In 2018, FIA has created a Fairfax Master Plan draft which will be incorporated in to the Northeast Master Plan of Wyandotte County. The Fairfax Master Plan will also be the reference for FIA in addressing long-term issues in the district.
- FIA communicates ongoing maintenance needs such as filling potholes, street-light and traffic-light outages, railroad crossing needs, and others to the Unified Government.
- FIA supports KCK through community events such as Candidate Forums, clean-up efforts, an annual Halloween Safe Zone for children, and other events.
- FIA often represents the district on any road projects affecting the Fairfax District. This includes the new US 69 Bridge, te Lewis & Clark Viaduct, discussion on the replacement of the Broadway Bridge and the north loop of I-70 at downtown KCMO.
- FIA continues to work with the UG, GM, and the UP to remove, repair, or replace railroad crossings.
- FIA has a monthly networking luncheon featuring excellent speakers such as the Mayor/CEO of KCK David Alvey; Greg Kindle Wyandotte Economic Development, KCK Chamber; Congressman Kevin Yoder; Governor Sam Brownback; Dave Helling, KC Star; KC MO Federal Reserve Bank Esther George, Kansas Attorney General and a host of others. Average attendance is 80. Click here for more details.
- Finally, we can often help you with questions regarding: incentives; the Unified Government and its processes; the KCK Police Dept; WEDC; the KCK Chamber; BPU; business services in Fairfax; and a variety of other concerns.
Join Now: Select your plan
Click tab to learn more about our membership plans and sign up from one of the options.
Resident Membership: All Levels$140.00 – $830.00 View Plans
Resident Membership 0-3 employees$140.00 Add to cart
Resident Membership: 4-25 employees$330.00 Add to cart
Resident Membership 26-75 employees$430.00 Add to cart
Resident Membership: 76-150 employees$580.00 Add to cart
Resident Membership: 151+ employees$830.00 Add to cart
If you have any questions, please contact:
Melissa Clark, Executive Director
PO Box 171074
Kansas City, KS 66117
Thank you for supporting the Fairfax Industrial Association (FIA) through your membership. Additional opportunities are also available to support FIA and have your company recognized throughout our district. Click on the item below to learn more about these sponsorship opportunities.