As part of the Unified Government’s (UG) CARES Act request, the Board of County Commissioners approved $825,000 to support the Economic Development Department’s WYCO Loves Local Small Business grants. Click here to learn more.
The WYCO Loves Local initiative was created to encourage continued growth and provide support for small businesses in Wyandotte County. The $825,000 approved by the Board of County Commissioners will provide much-needed support to local businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Businesses with 1-25 employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in grant support, and businesses with 26-500 employees are eligible for up to $20,000 in grant support.
Grants may be used to address the following challenges in response to the impact of COVID-19:
• Rent or mortgage payments (excluding property tax payments)
• Accounts payable, including utilities, vendors, suppliers, and working capital expense paid, or to be paid, between March 1 and December 1, 2020
• Facility Remediation/Cleanup Costs
• Innovation to promote outdoor business to protect employee and public health
• Cost associated with additional training or virtual learning in response to COVID-19
• Increasing technology capacity to enable alternative/remote work
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Costs
To apply for a grant, visit the WYCO Loves Local Small Business Grant Application page.